As Susan was a midwife early in her career, the opportunity of being able to offer a unique service in obstetrics appealed to her. She attended and completed a comprehensive hypnotherapy course covering all aspects of obstetrics.
Facts about infertility:
Approximately 1 in 7 couples have difficulty in conceiving a child;
Infertility affects both men and women;
Conditions affecting a woman’s fertility can include:
- damage to the fallopian tubes;
- ovulatory problems;
- conditions affecting the uterus;
- a combination of factors;
- no identifiable reason;
- age – female fertility declines sharply after the age of 35;
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS);
- gynaecological problems such as previous ectopic pregnancy or having had more than one miscarriage;
- medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, and thyroid and bowel diseases;
- lifestyle factors such as stress, being overweight or underweight, and smoking.
Conditions that may result in infertility in men include:
- low sperm count or quality;
- problems with the tubes carrying sperm;
- problems getting an erection;
- problems ejaculating;
- having had inflamed testes (orchitis);
- a past bacterial infection that caused scarring and blocked tubes within the epididymis as it joins the vas;
- having received medical treatment such as drug treatment, radiotherapy or surgery – for example to correct a hernia, undescended testes or twisted testicles;
- genetic problems;
- lifestyle factors such as being overweight or having a job that involves contact with chemicals or radiation;
- male fertility is also thought to decline with age, although to what extent is unclear. (HFEA, 2010).
Having fertility problems can be a very sensitive and emotional experience for you both as a couple. Before you consider hypnotherapy as a treatment you must first discuss this option with your GP. After clearance if you decide to chose this route contact me for further discussion.
Phone: 07943 728 851
E-mail: [email protected]
Treating All Conditions