Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
In some people, traumatic experiences caused by overwhelming fear, life threatening danger and feeling totally out of control, set off a reaction that can last for many months or years. This is called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD).
· Observing & hearing of serious accidents or death (esp family members, service
............personnel observing shootings);
· Military forces (kidnapping, hostage, prisoner, terrorist attack);
· Violent personal assault (mental, sexual & physical assault, robbery or mugging);
· Severe neglect/abuse as a child or adult (includes violence);
· Natural or man-made disasters;
· Being diagnosed with a life-threatening illness;
· Working in the forces (fire brigade, ambulance & police services dealing with horrific sights).
Symptoms may vary from person to person but in general they may include:
· feel grief-stricken & fearful;
· feeling numb & avoiding anything that is a reminder of trauma.
Other accompanying emotional reactions such as irritability, digestive problems, headaches & general pains over the body may lead a victim to substance abuse, suicide or alcohol abuse . Help is at hand:. If you are in a situation where you continue to be exposed to stress and uncertainty, this will make it difficult or impossible for your PTSD symptoms to improve. The use of clinical hypnotherapy is a unique way of helping you live a normal life again. It enables the emotions & traumatic event to be disassociated with each other. Hypnotherapy can’t wipe out your past but it CAN restore peace & harmony to your life.
Phone: 07943 728 851
E-mail: [email protected]
Treating All Conditions